Thursday 14 May 2015

Pontcysyllte Aqueduct

Hello everyone it's Eddy here a comment was left as to when I will do my next blog well this is a short one but a good one I think.

The old boy with the camera missed some lovely photo's he took of the Pontcycsyllte Aqueduct, its a good job that I keep tabs on him.



You can see how narrow the edge                        is on the steel trough 

This one shows the supporting legs which are hollow top to keep the weight down.


Top to bottom, what a wonderful piece of engineering. The Aqueduct is a World Heritage site and well worth a visit.




I know it looks scary but even I looked out of the window before returning to my Futon.
 So as I said a short one but I hope a good one its time to go as the Futon is lonely.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eddy, Thank heavens you are keeping tabs and making the moustache one take the pictures. I hate to praise him, but I do think they are very good and Carol and I are so enjoying reading and looking at your adventure. The shorter one takes a brilliant snap as well. I especially like the train picture, and the Viaduct ones. Carol got goosebumps she hates heights. Did you get a picture of the garden train cos I have always fancied one as well. Keep the futon warm, and a close eye on the crew. No more high winds, keeps him off the curry !!! kind regards Phil & Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both, I won't tell the moustached one that you like his pictures he does try and the short one says he is trying at times !!!. No photo of the garden train sorry the moustached one was doing the locks and left the camera in the boat. Kind Regards Eddy.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comment