Wednesday 2 December 2015

We Like Banbury

We had stayed in Banbury as Sharon had told me I was becoming a bit luggie (Deaf) so off to Boots to get some stuff for my ears. After being advised what to use from the chemist I returned and duly set about treating the ears. Well, when I woke the next morning I could not hear a thing.
So an appointment was made at the Health center on Friday. I saw a very helpful doctor who said I had a buildup of wax and gave me a prescription for some stuff to soften it and made a follow up appointment for me to see the nurse on Tuesday to have my ears irrigated. I duly arrived on Tuesday to be told by the nurse that it is there protocol to wait 7 days before irrigating the ears, to say I was a bit annoyed at this would be an understatement.
So as my hearing had returned a bit in one ear we decided to move on and come back later to have my ears treated if I can't sort them out myself.
Whilst in Banbury over the weekend they had the christmas light switch on which unfortunately was on a very wet sunday evening but the event was well attended and the town had a fun fair as well.

Before The Rain Came

Wet Evening For Switch On

I Took This Shot The Following Evening
At 7.00 

I Took This Shot The Following Evening 
At 7.00 

Fun Fair

Switch On Night

























I think the lights in Banbury are rather nice.

Wednesday we left Banbury as we are heading back to Braunston as Tacet is due an engine service and we have arranged this for Tuesday.
We had a really lovely cruise today although the wind was a bit blustery the sun was with us most of the day, so were most of the locks and it was really nice to see other boats moving as well.
We filled with water at Cropredy and then on to the remainder of the locks. The plan was to moor at the top of Claydon locks but as we had made such good time we cruised on to Fenny Crompton and even got a full load of washing done on the way. So moored at Fenny for the night. It's been a really lovely day today thoroughly enjoyed it.

Time Travelled Wednesday 5 Hrs, Distance Travelled 9.5 Miles 12 Locks
Total Distance Travelled 992.5. Miles 
207 Locks (Broad ) 474 single locks and 18 tunnel's, 10 Massive Lock
Total Tunnel length 10957 yards   
Total Time 534. hours  

We Are Loving It so Much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment